Drainage Advisory Committee
A 25-Member Drainage Advisory Committee has been created by the Board of Directors of the Hidalgo County Drainage District #1 to serve as an advisory group to the Board. It is the intent of the Board that the committee serve as a link between the stakeholders and constituents of Hidalgo County and the Board related to the possible development, planning, financing and implementation of the Drainage District's Capital Improvement Plan.
Mr. Godfrey Garza, Jr., will serve as the Drainage District's staff representative. In addition, the committee may wish to include representatives of other entities and organizations that could serve as technical advisers to the committee.
- Act as an advisory group to the Hidalgo County Drainage District #1 Board of Directors on County drainage related issues.
- Review the Capital Improvement Plan by the staff of the Drainage District and review and advise that it addresses the specific strategies, needs, and priorities of the taxpayers of the County.
- Provide recommendations to the Board for implementation of the District's Capital Improvement Plan including financing options.
- Provide recommendations and assist with public awareness and input for the implementation of the District's Capital Improvement Plan.
- Provide timely advice and recommendations to the Board and staff on an as-needed basis.